“It is yet to be seen what impact the newest legislation for the real estate market in BC will have,” notes Arsen Krekovic, real estate litigation specialist at Hoogbruin & Company. One of these is that homebuyers now have the added protection of a three-day cooling-off period which came into effect January 1, 2023. While buyers of residential property now have this buffer to perform their due diligence and to be more informed in their decisions about buying property, they can still face many issues. The real estate market holds many opportunities for miscommunication on rights, expectations and disputes.
Begin the year by knowing your rights. In this post, we review some of the most common questions and often contentious issues that have brought clients in to seek remedies for their real estate disputes and breaches of contract.
The topics cover challenges met by home buyers in the residential real estate market, real estate property sellers and contractors who work on both residential and commercial real estate projects.
Visit the website for the full services offered by Arsen Krekovic, real estate litigator and the firm’s legal counsel.
- When you need help. How a real estate lawyer helps when buying a home
- When simple property disputes turn into more complex issues in our rapid paced market, it also means a growing number of disputes to deal with. Any number of Property litigation services may be needed!
- Two categories of problems can affect any real estate transaction. They carry with them obligations for both the buyer of a real estate property or the seller of one. How patent defects and latent defects in real estate law affect buyers and sellers
- Deciding to buy, sell or renovate? Here’s what you need to know so that a lien doesn’t dampen your dreams Dealing with a construction lien against your real estate property.
- What happens if you found a property is damaged before closing? Do this
- Found problems after your home purchase? Here’s what to do after your discovery.
Reach out and talk to an experienced real estate litigation lawyer when you need trusted legal counsel to avoid, resolve or dispute issues with your commercial or real estate market investments.