Is it time to harvest the effort and time you’ve put into your home property? Or time to reap the growth in the residential real estate property you invested in and are now selling so someone else can own their own home? In Vancouver’s season of home sales, you’d be wise to engage an experienced real estate litigation lawyer such as Arsen Krekovic at Hoogbruin & Company. A real estate lawyer brings confidence and knowledge of all the complexities in the process from the review of the real estate contract to closing details.
Harness the full potential of your transactions and avoid the pitfalls as a seller in this post. If you are looking to be a buyer see Arsen Krekovic’s review of how a lawyer can help in the purchase of real estate property in BC’s Lower Mainland.
You’ll appreciate what a real estate lawyer can do for the peace of mind of property sellers especially in the high pressure real estate sales market. They bring calm to the families who are ready to embark on their next phase of home ownership.
How can a real estate lawyer help a seller of property?
In general, real estate transactions can go more smoothly if a lawyer gathers information, performs due diligence, prepares the documents and registration. A real estate lawyer can also assist with record-keeping and filing as well as any financial issues that may arise in relation to mortgages or deposits.
The ways a real estate lawyer can help a seller include:
- Review the Agreement of Sale and other legal documents before any signatures
- Assist you with the negotiation of the terms and conditions
- Prepare the deed to the new home
- Calculate your land transfer tax and any other tax implications
- Close the transaction and finalize the sale
- Ensure that all legal and financial conditions have been met
- Exchange legal documents and keys with the buyer’s lawyer
- And of course, an experience litigation lawyer can deal with and remedy title or any other issues that may arise during the transaction
Communicate is essential when working with your lawyer as real estate transactions can move swiftly and under pressure conditions. Sellers need to respond promptly, supply information requested and be available to sign documents in a timely way.
Your lawyer is an experience professional who protects your interest and explains the process so that you stay on track and benefit from your real estate transaction.
Move forward smoothly into your future, with sound real estate legal advice.