Slip & Fall


If you have been injured on someone else’s property due to the fault of another, you are entitled to damages. When filing a slip and fall claim against the responsible party or parties, there are certain procedural matters of which you should be aware. That is why you should contact a personal injury lawyer at Hoogbruin & Company.


Be Aware of Strict and Short Time Limits

Every Province has a statute of limitations which limits the amount of time a person has to start a personal injury lawsuit. British Columbia allows potential litigants two years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit.

If you were injured on public property belonging to the City of Vancouver or other cities or municipalities in British Columbia, you must give written notice to the appropriate governmental entity sometimes within as little as 60 days from the date of injury.

If you fail to give the appropriate notice or fail to bring your legal action within the relevant timeframes, you might lose your ability to recover compensation for your slip and fall injuries altogether. Consequently, it is very important to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as you are injured to ensure that your rights are fully protected.

Investigating and Assessing The Claim

For you to obtain compensation for a slip and fall injury sustained on another’s property, there must be a responsible party whose negligence caused the injury. Even if you are only partially at fault for your own injury, you might still be able to obtain money damages, although the dollar amount might be reduced.

Our personal injury lawyers will review your slip and fall case and other relevant information. If there was negligence at any level, you are entitled to damages. We will vigorously represent you throughout the entire process to ensure your rights are protected and that you recover the damages you deserve.

For more information about your legal rights after suffering an injury, or to schedule an appointment with a personal injury lawyer at Hoogbruin & Company please e-mail us at or call us at 604-609-3783 for a free consultation.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search