- We continue to work with your family physician and other treating medical professionals to ensure the recommended treatment is put in place and funded.
- We continue to ensure the funding of your disability benefits until you return to work.
- We commence lawsuits on your behalf in both the tort claim [suing the individual that caused the crash, who is insured by ICBC], and if necessary, the no-fault benefits claim [that is, suing ICBC directly for disability benefits or treatment].
- We will gather all medical information, pre-and post crash, and forward copies of the relevant documents to which ICBC and their defence lawyers are entitled.
- We will gather all relevant income loss information, pre-and post crash, and forward copies of the relevant documents to which ICBC and their defence lawyers are entitled.
- We will be in contact with you to understand your concerns and needs, how your recovery and treatment is progressing, and to understand the impact the injuries are having on your life and work.
- We will interview witnesses that can assist us, ICBC, and if necessary the Court, to understand the impact the injuries have had on your life.
- We will interview witnesses who can assist us, ICBC, and if necessary the court, to understand the impact the injuries have had on your income loss and help us to evaluate that income loss.
- We may send you to medical professionals for assessment, who in turn will provide us with medical/legal reports that will help us, ICBC, and if necessary the court, to understand your injuries, their prognosis, treatment recommendations, and future disability, if any.
- We will retain an economist or business valuation expert, as necessary, to assist in the assessment of your income loss.
- We will obtain court orders for production of the entire police investigation file.
- We will obtain relevant documents from ICBC and its defence personal injury lawyers.
- If ICBC or its defence personal injury lawyers wish to send you to their medical experts for assessment, we will ensure that process is done appropriately.
- We will keep you informed at each step in the process and provide you with copies of all relevant documents.
Step 5: Settlement or trial
Step 6: Final Accounts